PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO HOSPITAL REGULATIONS, MASSAGE DURING DELIVERY AND POSTPARTUM MASSAGE IN THE HOSPITAL IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME DUE TO COVID-19 AND ITS VARIANTS CONCERNS.
PRENATAL MASSAGE IN OUR OFFICE MAY BE AVAILABLE WITH YOUR OB/GYN'S WRITTEN CONSENT
Touch is vital for the mother's psychological and physiological well being as she adapts to her new body image. Massage gives special attention to the mother-to-be, which in turn, nurtures the new life that grows within her.
Bodywork during pregnancy helps to:
- Provides emotional support and nurturing touch.
- Provides relaxation and anxiety relief.
- Relieve stress on weight-bearing joints (ankles, low back, pelvis)
- Alleviate weight and back pain caused by muscle imbalance and weakness
- Alleviate fatigue and heartburn
- Assist in maintaining proper posture
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce swelling/edema
- Provide kinesthetic awareness which enables the pelvic floor to relax, allowing the uterus to labor without resistance